Wow, I'm a winner! What a thrill.



I am incredibly excited this morning to have my short story "Pulling Together" chosen as a winner to the Waterloo Festival writing competition 2020 about Transforming Communities.

It is the first competition I have entered and I would like to thank Gill and her team for seeing merit in my work. Here are the winning entries which will appear shortly in a book:

Mehreen Ahmed: Dolly Gail Aldwin: The Price of Firewood
Christopher Bowles: Chroma
Maxine Churchman: Pulling Together
Jeanne Davies: Utopian Dream
Jo Dearden: A Small Clay Vase
Linda Flynn: Fishing in Troubled Waters
Anne Forrest: Number Twenty-seven
Dawn Knox: Rising from the Ashes
Roz Lyn: Circle Time
Paula R C Readman: Cobalt Blues
Hanna Retallick: Bookclub for the Elderly
Theresa Sainsbury: Transforming Teenagers

Allison Symes: Books and Barbarians

Well done to everyone else too.

I am really looking forward to joining the other winners at the Zoom launch event in the middle of June. It gives me a little while to download it and work out how to use it - ha ha - what fun!

This news come right after I discovered I had made it into The Best of CafeLit 9 with a little unassuming drabble. That you so much to everyone who voted for it.

Please watch out for these publications.

For more information on CafeLit and the Waterloo Festival please follow the links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Fresh air and free time

When Max met Max.