Dabbling in Drabbles


I am proud to be included in two new anthologies from Black Hare Press. I have 4 drabbles in each of these two super new publications.

Drabbles are complete stories written in exactly 100 words, and these two books are full of brilliantly crafted horror stories about the lengths people go to for love or what they could be driven to through hate.

My first story accepted for publication was a Drabble and I really love this format. It fits in with my busy life, as I still work full time. I have also written stories in 10 words and 25 words for fun.

This is a drabble that hasn't found a home yet.


A New Beginning
Erran woke; alarms were blaring. He was groggy and disorientated, but warm hands hastily helped him from the stasis unit.
“How long?” he croaked through dry lips. It seemed mere moments.
“Just over 4000 years,” said a Doctor handing him a beaker of viscous liquid. It tasted foul, but revived him.
The ship shuddered and the lights dimmed momentarily.
“We’re under attack, Sir,” a young officer said. “Life on our destination planet has evolved. May I use force to subdue them?”
A native species evolved enough to fire weapons into space; unfortunate.

“Yes, kill them all. Our survival is paramount.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Fresh air and free time

When Max met Max.