No time for writing


I thought with the lock-down I would have plenty of time for writing, but the weather was so good I have been gardening instead.

I used to grow quite a few vegetables in my garden but have got out of the habit in recent years.

I located all my old seed packets and most are out of date but they have two chances: to grow or not. I am hoping I can look forward to several types of beans (runners are my favourite), tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, garlic, spinach, leeks and celery - assuming they all come up and survive the slugs.

So, although I am not writing, I am still being creative.

With all the time spent out in the garden, I have only had time for editing a few stories I finished last week and  I have finally submitted to Black Hare Press for School's In - Summer Camp, and Envy - Privilege of Fame. I am still considering the end of my Banned story, I think there are a couple of weeks left to ponder.

In the meantime, here is a Haiku for spring:

Tiny leaves unfurl
Excitement builds as each seed
Begins its journey

Comments

  1. Wonderful how long seeds can last. That little miracle of life. I’ve entered School in, but are now focusing on editing. I have beans, butternut and tomatoes on my kitchen growing, but this cold snap has stopped me from putting them out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Fresh air and free time

When Max met Max.