Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I have no idea what I am doing at the moment, so please bear with me.

Last May I started writing poetry and stories to share, and have contributed to a number of published anthologies, so I thought it was probably time I bolstered my web presence. So here I am.

Thank you, Paula Readman, for encouraging me to start writing and submitting my work, and for hosting a local writing group. I have learnt so much in these past nine months.

Here are 3 things I learnt really early on:

1) Creative writing is nothing like writing letters, manuals and reports.

2) The grammar that served me well for over 40 years, was inadequate when it came to story writing.

3) There is such a thing as Flash Fiction.

Flash fiction is great fun to write and I am totally addicted. Drabbles are stories written in exactly 100 words, I have quite a few in various printed anthologies. You can see some on my Amazon Author's page.


Comments

  1. How wonderful, Maxine. Just share the link with the clubhouse and you’ll soon have lots of followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maxine!! Great to see you and I will certainly become a follower. Love the photo by the way. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fresh air and free time

When Max met Max.